GopherCon 2018 - Lightning Talks
These are some notes from my experiences at the GopherCon 2018. I don’t expect these will be laid out in any particularly useful way; I am mostly taking them so I can remember some of the bits I found most useful in the future.
- Like makefiles, identified with build tags
- Namespaces, dependencies
- Quantize lat/lng to 32-bit values
- Interleave into a 64-bit value
- 90 / 180 * 2^32 for lat (similar for lng)
- Spread op (see slides / video later)
- There is a blog post (guy from Uber)
Observing Go Services
Observabilty – infer internal state from external output
- What to monitor
- How to monitor
- Future possibilities?
What to Monitor?
- Usually Rate, Errors, and Duration
- Server that works w/ go module system
- GitHub changes on a whim – bit of an issue
- Use the vendor dir?
- Go modules has a download protocol (http)
- Athens is an http server that proxies projects and stores versions forever
- Jenkins can enable lots of overengineering